Many client have never worked with a designer before, so we’ve compiled this list of logo design questions:
What do your fees pay for?
It pays for the time for us to go through the entire process: from doing the industry research, to developing concepts, and finalizing the artwork. You get to keep copies of the electronic files to give to other suppliers as you need. (We’ll keep copies in our archives too.)
Why invest in a well-designed logo?
Here are 3 excellent business reasons for getting a good logo:
- Well designed logos last much longer than poorly designed logos, saving money in redesigns and reprinting. You should expect your newly designed logo to last at least 5 years.
- A good logo will also provide a base to build your whole company look and feel around, so all of your materials reflect the style and values your customer wants to see.
- From a technical perspective, well designed logos are more versatile and work in all situations (small sizes, spot colours, black and white). You do not want to be stuck with a logo that must always be printed in 4 colour, or you can never shrink down to a business card.
Do I need to come to you with an idea of what I want?
Yes and no. Do come to us with a clear idea of what your business is about. But try to keep an open mind about what your logo could end up looking like – we think you will be pleasantly surprised. If you come to us with too fixed an idea, then it’s hard for us to offer our ideas and advice to get you the best logo possible.
We have a logo that we don’t want to change, but we want to freshen up our look. Can you help us?
This is not an uncommon problem. Some companies have legacy logos that were done many years ago and have been installed on a wide variety of materials, signage and products. Changing the logo for these companies is just too expensive an option. What we have done in these situations is to either:
- Modernize the logo – keeping the same idea, but cleaning it up, or
- Keeping the logo and freshening up the look of all the materials around it.
Both of these options can avoid a lengthy internal logo process, and get materials you can use sooner.
We have a clear idea for our logo, we just need someone to draw it up and give us files.
If you have an old jpg version of your logo and just need it redrawn and saved as a vector file, that is a straightforward process to do. If you have a sketch, we can help you develop it into a fully rendered finished product. Email us the sketch to see where you’re at and we can give you a quote. Most of these projects are under $1000.